Lower Estrogen Levels Eating Cruciferous Vegetables
Do you eat vegetables to help balance your hormone and estrogen levels?
Women who eat a diet rich in cruciferous vegetables are found to have decreased incidences of cardiovascular disease, strokes, cancer and overall better hormone and estrogen levels. DIM, a phytochemical contained in these vegetables, helps the body to detoxify excess estrogen that can cause hormonal issues like PCOS and Endometriosis. Excess estrogen is associated with common symptoms of mood swings, anxiety and depression that can result from estrogen dominance. Cruciferous vegetables also contain sulfur compounds which help to detoxify a sluggish liver- which causes weight gain, bloating, gas and constipation.
Types of Cruciferous Vegetables
- Bok Choy
- Brussels Sprouts
- Collard Greens
Roasted Napa Cabbage Wedges
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1 head napa cabbage
1 bottle of balsamic vinaigrette
1 bottle of avocado or olive oil
1 organic lemon
Sea Salt and Crack Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line cookie sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice and cut cabbage into wedges.
- Place sides facing down on pan and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn wedges right side up. Drizzle and coat with oil, balsamic vinaigrette, and season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Return to oven and bake 6 minutes longer.
- Squeeze fresh lemon and serve.
For more fit food photos and kitchen encouragement find me on Instagram @missdiagnosedendo or @abhormonetherapy