Eating to balance your hormones.
It’s possible to reestablish harmony in our hormones and alleviate the symptoms related to a hormonal imbalance by doing one simple thing: change our diet. Having a diet high in good fats balanced with fiber intake and generally low in cholesterol, sugar, salt, and caffeine has been linked to better balanced hormone levels and lower incidences of disease and chronic illness.
Enjoy eating your way to better hormone levels with this spring recipe!
Marinated Portabello Mushroom with Spring Onions
Prep time: 20 mins.
Marination time: 1-2 hrs
- 4 Portabello mushroom caps (sliced)
- 2 Red bell peppers (julienne)
- 3 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-2 Large shallots (sliced)
- 1 Lemon (squeezed)
- 1 Cup avocado oil
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp Cup fresh spring green onions
- 1 Tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place mushrooms, red peppers, shallots, garlic and herbs to a medium sized bowl.
- Cover mixture with oil and lemon juice. Toss.
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Let mushrooms marinate in the fridge 1-4hrs. The longer the better to absorb all the flavors.
Three ways to serve:
- Serve and eat by itself as a side.
- Add marinated mixture to a parchment pouch and bake in the oven @400 for 20 minutes.
- Add marinated mixture to a parchment pouch, then cover parchment pouch in foil, then throw on the grill for 20 minutes.
To see more fit food photos and kitchen encouragement follow my Instagram @missdiagnosedendo.
Leave a reply